Heather Coen - Paint the Wild Fine Art
Contact the Artist


Posted on 5/30/2023 12:48:17 PM
By HEATHER COEN
Comment on this

The Desert Blooms

The Desert Blooms

"Moon Rise Serenade" 18 by 40, Oil on gallery wrap.  

 

New Work!

 

Judging from the number of galleries I have visited lately the trend is for larger more abstract paintings.  I do not work in abstract very much except in relation to my acrylic pours.  They design themselves.   It is the luck of the draw if you get something magic.   So I broke out some of my larger canvases and decided to work on Moon related designs.   This particular scene was on a trip through Mid-America many years ago.   Yes, I have huge stock pile of intended work that I will eventually get to.  The misty moon was beaming off the glassy river and the sun had set some moments before;  It felt romantic, magic and breathtaking all in the five minutes it was visible.  Then it went dark and everything was lost into the annals of time.   

 

 

"Botanical Garden" 11 by 14 Oil

 

Greater Phoenix Economic Counsel exhibition " Greater Phoenix Pastimes"

 

https://www.gpec.org/art-exhibit/gallery/

 

Click the link or copy and paste and you will be thrilled to see the virtual gallery for this show.  It is interesting how many venues are going virtual right now. The brick and mortar show is available to see at the Counsel's address of 2 N. Central Ave, Suite 2500, in Phoenix.   However hours vary and you will need to call the GPEC to find out availablility: (602)256-7700.  The show is open from May 1, through Oct, 31, 2023.  I'm in both the virtual and real gallery shows.  

 

"Oasis" 12 by 12 Oil on Canvas


Posted on 9/6/2022 1:31:42 PM
By Heather H. Coen- Master Artist
Comment on this

Tern to Life

Tern to Life

 "Five" 12 by 24 Oil.

 

Some artists concentrate on still life as their main revenue source.  I usually do landscape but every so often, I get the bug and go off on a tangent.  One of my containers out front had a number of pansies of different colors and I put them on a white table cloth in five small vases and felt I had a very pleasing composition.   Don't be fooled!  This particular painting took about 25 hours to paint and that was spread over six months as I let the layers dry in between. 

 

 "Still Shining" 12 by 12 Oil.

 

This still life took much longer as the grapes and teal vase took an exceptional amount of layering to look three dimensional.  The Brown Eyed Susans were wild at the side of the road.   The vase was spotted in a antique store many years ago.   Unfortunately at that time. I did not buy it and have regretted that ever since.   I've never seen another like it.  

 

Both on these originals are currently available here on this website.  Simply click the category "Still Life."